F&A operates under the strict guidance and regulation of the Economic Chamber of Greece. These provisions apply to all without exception Accountants and Tax consultants, who are required to comply with the general and specific rules and principles set out in this Code as well as all liabilities arising from provisions in other laws.
This Code is designed to ensure the quality and transparency of the services provided by accountants and tax consultants for the protection of the moral and professional standing and legal rights of any natural or legal persons who use their services either obligatory or provisionally, as well as and the public interest.
Indicatively it contains:
- Fundamental Principles for Practicing the Profession (Article 3)
- Principles for provision of professional services (Article 6)
- Independence and Objectivity (Article 7)
- Confidentiality (Article 8)
- Qualitative adequacy of Accounting and Tax Consulting work (Article 9)
- Responsibility and obligations of the Accountant Tax Consultant providing services (Article 10)